The General Service Department is the physical resource Management and Services provider of the Ministry.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Specifications and purchase of vehicles In conjunction with Procurement Department
- Registrations / Documentations of vehicles
- Allocation of vehicles
- Servicing/ Repair of vehicles
- General Supervisors of Ministry's Drivers in line with extant regulations
- Functional electricity, water and wastes management by timely settlement of bill and repairs as they arise.
- Provision/Procurement of basic store items in conjunction with Procurement Department.
- Distribution of store items to Departments/Units for seamless operations of Department/Unit
- Ensuring equity, probity in the distribution of store items.
- Applying extant regulations to block wastage and pilfering by some compromised staff.
- Ensuring physical maintenance of offices.
- Ensuring cleanliness of inside and outside of the office complex.
- Ensuring that a well qualified and reputable cleaning outfit is enraged
- Designation of office manager to ensure proper supervision and feed backs.
- Ensuring that staff are properly accommodated, thereby enhancing
- Ensuring that offices and staff are properly secured.
- Posting of security Personnel's to strategic positions in and around the office complex
- Making sure that the remunerations, welfare of the security personnel's are promptly paid.
- Provision of working materials for the security personnel's e.g. Torch Light, Uniforms etc.