BRIEF PROFILE OF THE PERMANENT SECRETARY
Amina Muhammed Bello Shamaki, a medical doctor, was born on 17th April, 1960, in Jega, Kebbi State, into the family of Alhaji Muhammad Bello Dunbego (First District Head of Maiyama) and Fatima Aliyu.
2. She attended Maiyama Primary School and Federal Government College Odogbolu, Ogun State and made a grade one distinction in West African School Certificate in 1977. She proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University Zaria where she obtained MB.BS in 1984. She did her residency at Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) where she bagged a Fellowship of African College of Surgeons in Radiology in 1996. She also holds a Fellowship of International College of Surgeons, Post Graduate Diploma as well as Masters in Business Administration. She has attended several courses at home and abroad in her profession and administration amongst which is National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS).
3. After her NYSC at Lagos Island Local Government Clinic, City Hall, Dr. Shamaki joined the Federal Civil Service in 1987 as a medical officer II at the Military Hospital (Creek), Lagos and became a Consultant Radiologist in 1996. She was seconded to set up the Radiology Department at State House Clinic, Abuja in 1997 and National Hospital, Abuja in 1998. Through promotion, she became a Consultant Special Grade I (Chief Consultant Radiologist) in 2006. Her service was transferred from Ministry of Defence to Federal Ministry of Health in 2009.
4. At Federal Ministry of Health, she headed Regulations and Professional Schools Division of the Department of Hospital Services from 2009 to 2011. She also served as Acting Executive Secretary of the Defunct Tertiary Hospitals Commission in 2012. From 2013 to October, 2014, she was the Head of Hospital Services Division/Teaching Hospitals in the Department of Hospital Services. She has served as a member of Anti-Corruption and Transparency Unit, board member for the Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Registration Board and Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria. She is also an author of a few research papers and dissertations. Dr Shamaki is a member of Several Professional and Philanthropic Organisations. These include; Association of Radiologist of West Africa and Nigeria; Radiological Society of North America; Fellow of Institute of Corporate Executives; and member, African Association of Public Administration and Management. She has received a number of wards amongst which are, Distinguished Service Award from Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria, and Distinguished Service Merit Award for Excellence from Institute of Corporate Executives Of Nigeria.
5. Dr. Shamaki was appointed Permanent Secretary in the Federal Public Service in October, 2014 and posted to the Special Duties Office of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation. In November, 2015, she was deployed to Federal Ministry of Health and in August, 2016, she was deployed to the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development. She was again deployed to the Special Duties Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in October, 2016.
6. She is an advocate of morals and discipline, and has passion for excellence. She is driven by her conviction to make positive difference in society and motivates others to achieve success. She is married to Mallam Yahaya Abdullahi Shamaki and they are blessed with three children. She enjoys reading and cooking, amongst other hobbies.