Reform Coordination and Service Improvement
The Reform Coordination Department Manage the Department to serve as focal points for driving all change; Reform; Innovations and Improvement efforts within the Ministry in line with overall frame work set by OHCSF. Manage and drive Servicom aims and initiatives within the Ministry and its agencies. To work with the Leadership of the Ministry to identify process, systems and Service gabs etc. Troubleshoot services failures and develop proposals to address them. Research and identify good practices that can be adopted/adapted to improve service delivery in the Ministry. Develop and launch initiatives to drive and mainstream a continuous service improvement culture within the Ministry. Develop and deploy change management tools and practices to institute sustainable improvements in the Ministry. Assist the Leadership of the Ministry to articulate and coordinate their change agenda in line with service policies and standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide advice, leadership and guidance on all matters of reform and innovative practices in the MDA, including special assignments;
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of reform activities and programmes to ensure that reform objectives are being realised in the MDA.
- Conduct and Support research and analysis on public Service reforms implementation efforts, and in particular, those with policy implication.
- Disseminate information on all aspects of public service reform activities in the MDA.
- Collect baseline data on service delivery issues and levels, and identify critical areas for reform.
- Liaise with reform coordination Directorates in other MDAs on cross-cutting reform issues.
- Maintain a regular flow of information on reform issues between the MDA and BSR.
- Monitor social economic and political trends that might affect the MDA's implementation or support for reforms and making recommendations to enhance service delivery.
- Conduct surveys, internal and external, to identify impediments to high performance and develop interventions to overcome challenges.
- Spearhead the MDA Service Delivery Initiatives through SERVICOM Compliance.