TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION EXPO’ 2018 (5TH – 9TH MARCH, 2018)
Consequent upon the success achieved at the Science, Technology and Innovation Expo held from the 3rd – 7th April, 2017 at the Eagle Square, Abuja, many investors were further spurred to commercialize their research and development results to aid the diversification of the Nigeria economy. It is in light of this that the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology wishes to inform the general public of the next edition of the Science,Technology and Innovation Expo 2018 coming up from the 5th – 9th March, 2018 at the Eagle Square, Abuja, Nigeria on the theme ”FAST TRACKING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA THROUGH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY”.
Building upon the objectives of the foregoing Expo of 2017, the main objectives of the 2018 edition of the Technology and Innovation Expo are to:
- Follow-up on Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) signed as a result of the previous Expo;
- Encourage interactions between Researchers and Investors with a view to commercializing research results, inventions and innovations from Nigeria’s research and tertiary institutions;
- Promote collaborations among research institutions and researchers/inventors
- Facilitate growth of indigenous manufacturing hinged on Science, Technology and Innovation (STI), as well as generally promote STI culture in Nigeria;
- Fast track the implementation of the National Science, Technology and Innovation Road Map’ 2030 and
- Bring to fore the capabilities of Nigerian Scientists, Engineers, and Inventors/Innovators in contributing to economic diversification of Nigeria.
The 2018 edition of the Technology and Innovation Expo will feature the following events:
- Opening Ceremony;
- Exhibitions of Research & Development results, inventions, innovations, STI Products/Services.
- Researchers/Investors Forum
- Technical Sessions on emerging issues;
- Special Days for States, Conglomerates etc;
- Awards of prizes, certificates etc to outstanding exhibitors and researchers.
FOR INQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT US THROUGH THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESSES: